Easy Smoky TVP Tacos
Easy and flavorful for a quick, flavorful and nutritious vegan take on tacos, made with TVP ("textured vegetable protein").
- 2 small onions, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 cups dry TVP granules (textured vegetable protein)
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 15 corn tortillas
- guacamole or avocado slices
- lime wedges
- diced tomatoes
- lettuce or kale
- Warm oil in large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until it softened, about 3 min.
- Add the TVP, spices, and vegetable broth to the pan. Stir well to coat all TVP with seasoning.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until all liquid is completely soaked up, about 3-5 minutes.
- Heat the corn tortillas in a nonstick pan or on a griddle for about 30 seconds on each side until golden. (This also helps corn tortillas to hold together.)
- Serve with tomatoes, lettuce, guacamole, cilantro and lime. Enjoy!