Easy Tofu Scrambled "Eggs"
Nutritional yeast and black salt are the secret ingredients to create these tofu scrambled eggs. Perfect atop toast with veganaise or in a breakfast burrito with refried beans, tomato and avocado.
- 1 block tofu, pressed
- 3 Tbsp plant-based butter or olive oil
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 tsp turmeric for color and antioxidant, anti-inflammatory properties and other health benefits
- ground black pepper to taste
- Melt the plant-based butter in a pan over medium heat and heat for about 1 min. Crumble the tofu into the pan.
- Stir all spices together in a small bowl, then add over tofu.
- Cook approx 5-10 minutes until tofu reaches desired consistency.
- Serve over whole-grain toast with hot sauce, veganaise, tomato and avocado. Or, serve in a burrito with refried beans, avocado and tomato. Enjoy!