Best Lemon Tahini Vegan Grain Bowl with Chickpeas and Pepitas
Bright and refreshing, satisfying and healthy, with the perfect amount of crunch - this vegan grain bowl is a surefire crowd pleaser any time of year.
- 4 cups quinoa, rinsed in a fine-mesh colander (can cook in rice cooker on white rice setting)
- 6 cups water
- 4 15 oz cans chickpeas, drained or 6 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 11 oz plastic tub baby spinach, chopped
- 2 bunches 1 bunch chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 bunches chopped fresh cilantro (or additional parsley)
- 2 bunches chopped green onion (green parts only)
- 2 cups thinly sliced Kalamata olives
- 2 cups toasted pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds (green))
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 6 cloves 3 large clove garlic, pressed or minced (about 6 tsp minced)
- 1 1/2 cup water to thin
- 4-6 Tbsp Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions on the stovetop or in a rice cooker on the white rice setting. (The package likely calls for double the amount of water, but this often yields mushy quinoa. Best err light on the water and go for a 1:1.5 ratio quinoa:water.)
- Chop vegetables and assemble in large bowl.
- Mix salad dressing ingredients in a separate bowl. Top with dressing once ready to serve. Enjoy!