Guilt-free Vegan Caramel Sauce
This vegan caramel sauce will be your new favorite healthy dessert. The butter and sugar in traditional caramel is swapped out for naturally sweet dates and creamy tahini. With nutritious dates and heart-healthy tahini, you're doing your taste buds and your body a favor.
- 1 high-speed blender or food processor
- 2 cups dates (pitted, halved)
- 1.5 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup tahini (ground sesame seed paste)
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- Put dates and boiling water in the blender or food processor and let soak for 10 minutes to soften. Add remaining ingredients.
- Blend on high speed until smooth approx 1-2 minutes. Serve with sliced apples, pretzels, etc. Enjoy guilt-free!