Best Vegan Banana Bread with Applesauce and Walnuts
Forever searching for the best healthy banana bread recipe? Look no more! This healthy vegan banana bread with applesauce and walnuts is sweetened with cinnamon and dates. Smear with creamy peanut butter for a hearty breakfast.
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dates, soaked in hot water and drained (or 1/3 cup sugar)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup applesauce (or liquid coconut oil or plant-based butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 small overripe bananas (or 3 large)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease loaf pan or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mash bananas, applesauce (or oil) and vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour, sugar or dates, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix well until flour is combined.
- Batter will be thick with a few lumps. Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Decorate with banana slices, walnuts and cinnamon as desired.
- Bake 50 min-1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 10 min before slicing. Enjoy!