Unique Roasted Cauliflower Kale Salad with Golden Turmeric Dressing
Topped with a rich, nutty tahini and turmeric dressing, this salad is packed with vitamin A and anti-inflammatory properties from the orange and yellow colored vegetables and spices.
- 1 bag kale
- 4 cups cooked quinoa (2 cups uncooked; add 2 tsp turmeric to the cooking water)
- 2 cups roasted carrots
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 3/4 cup roasted pepitas
- 1 1/2 cups roasted butternut squash optional
For the Golden Turmeric Dressing
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Toss carrots, cauliflower and butternut squash, if using, in a large bowl with 3 Tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt, cumin and turmeric, to taste. Spread out on large baking trays and roast in the oven on 425F for 15-20 minutes, until crispy but tender.
- Let quinoa and vegetables cool.
- In a bowl, mix the pepitas with 1 tsp olive oil. Stir well, then add 1/2 tsp salt. Spread out on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, shaking halfway through.
- Mix all dressing ingredients.
- Mix quinoa and vegetables with kale in a large bowl. Serve topped with dressing and roasted pepitas. Enjoy!